Thursday 22 September 2011

Why?

Soooo...This is my new Blog.  Exciting!  There is all this blank space to fill with my ramblings and thoughts.  I decided to start a Blog because I read so many fantastic, interesting blogs while hunting around the internet and I felt a bit left out! 

Why this blog then, and why now?  On holiday this summer I saw some photos of myself and realised I NEED to lose some weight! Whilst looking for a sensible diet that would not involve eating only a steamed lettuce leaf and half a banana, I read lots of weight loss blogs, and I thought that having this blog would make me more accountable for my weight loss.  I need to lose 78lb! At Least! 

I have deiced to Weight Watch, as this looks like a sensible, manageable diet to follow long term.  I was doing brilliantly, in 5 weeks I lost 10lb.  This is exactly what Weight Watchers say you should lose - 2lb a week!  Tonights weigh in I managed to stay exactly the same as last week.  This might be because I had two birthdays - my daughter and my husband - this week.  But is more likely to be because i did not religiously count those little points.  Basically I put more stuff in my mouth than I burnt off. And drank about 3 bottles of wine, and ate a load of chocolate... And now I feel royally miffed by the fact I did not lose.  In my head because I want to lose those pounds they should just fall off.  Staying the same is just not on the master plan!

Anyway, I have drawn a line, as recommended by my slightly over-happy leader (much more about her later I am sure) and tomorrow I am back on it!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the internet =P

    Blogs are a great way to keep yourself motivated. Just knowing that any ole person could stop by and check on your progress creates some accountability. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete