Tuesday 27 September 2011

Heading in the Right Direction

Suddenly, Summer is back.  I sweated my way through the morning, came home and got changed into SHORTS and a VEST top!  I went for a walk with the dog for 6km with no socks in my shoes and now my heels are covered in blisters and my shoes area  bit smelly.  But it is a step in the right direction.

I thought I would share a bit more about me.  I am 34, I have two children - Son (8), and Daughter (7).  I also have a Husband, and a Dog.  On here I plan to only refer to them as Son, Daughter and Husband, but Dog is called George, so may be referred to as George.  A few years ago I did Weight Watchers and lost 4 stone.  I had a little 50lb certificate, all sorts of shiny stickers and a pretty keyring!  I still had 2 stone to lose.  So, of course, I became a clerk at my meeting, stopped paying any attention to anything and had a long period where I maintained but did not lose anything.  Then I started a full time job, and I started to regain the weight.  The job got progressively more stressful, and eventually I spent the period from Feburary 2011 to July 2011 crying, drinking lots of alcohol, eating cheese and chocolate and generally finding life very difficult.  I stopped exercising, I stopped spending time with my kids and I stopped being happy.

In July 2011 I stopped work!  I had three weeks off with a stress related medical issue, and felt a bit normal.  When I went back I knew that stopping this job was right for me, and that finding something else that was low stress, so I could put my effort into my home life and relationships was the way forward.  So I left.  I am now at home, enjoying the stress reduction and looking into what jobs might be around that I actually fancy doing.  In the meantime I am baking, spending time with the children, trying to do a bit of writing, walking the dog and generally spending time and energy on myself.  This makes for a happier home life, and means my whole life has recovered some equilibrium.

Havign been in denial about my weight, I looked at some holiday snaps from July / August 2011 and was horrified.  Gone was the slim body I had worked so hard to get.  In its place was some kind of beached whale, monstrous wobbly thing.  I KNEW I had to do something about it.  A good friend goes to Weight Watchers, and with a new plan since I last tried it, it seemed like a good idea.  I rejoined on August 18th and so far I have lost 10lbs.  This is despite the fact I have had my daughter's birthday and my husband's birthday to deal with, as well as dealing with a huge lifestyle change. I realise it is a small loss in the time but this is for life, not just for weight loss!  I am going to weigh in on Thursday and am hoping to have lost at least 0.5lb as this will get me my 5%.  This is a shiny sticker that goes in my card and shows me that I have done a GOOD THING!

I always was a sucker for a shiny sticker.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be discouraged because you've gotten off track. You were successful once and you can do it again! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete