Saturday 24 September 2011

Its a new day!

Yesterday was a new day, and it went really well!

1.  I went to ZUMBA.  What a laugh.  I am really un-coordiated, and mostly unable to tell my left from my right in a hurry, so I was rubbish at this.  But I had a great time, let other people laugh at the fact I could not coordinate my arms with my legs, and came home glowing, and feeling very smug about the start of my week.(Yes I know yesterday was Friday! I weigh in on a Thursday night so Friday is the start of MY week.) 

2.  My friend and I went to the Weight Watchers Get Gorgeous Lounge.  What a fantastic idea!  We had Weight Watchers Tagine, Weight Watchers Mousse,  a mini manicure and a massage.  The Tagine and Mousse were both delicious, but I am unlikely to buy the Tagine.  It is too expensive, and I could make it at home, so for me it is not really worth it.  But anyone who is looking for a quick convenient meal, go for it.

3. Then as we were walking back to the car we were invited to have a free makeover.  I don't really wear all that much make-up, but my friend does, so she had her make-up done professionally.  She has been going through a tough patch (not for me to share really) but it was fantastic to see a smile on her face, and the make-up lady made her look GORGEOUS.  On the way home she texted her boyfriend to demand a meal out - and she definitely looked the part!

4. I went to Beavers (for those not in the know these are mini scouts age 6-8) and talked about Healthy Eating.  And for the first time I did not feel like a hypocrite.  We often discuss the need for exercise, and a balanced diet and today I have both exercised and eaten a balanced diet.  Yay!

5.  My Daughter had her frst riding lesson.  She loved it, and to see her going round and round, making the person holding her lead rein run in circles was great, as was her smile when she finished it.

6.  My husband is going out for a curry tonight, so last night I told him I had food envy.  When I got in from all the fun he had cooked me a delicious, low fat, made up curry.

Recipe (for two)
Ingredients
250g chicken breast
1 tin chopped tomatoes
150g 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
One Chilli, deseeded and chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
One Onion
150g long grain rice
Saffron

Method

Chop chicken and onion, fry in a little oil in a sacuepan or other deep, lidded cooking pot (he used the wok!) until browned all over. Add other ingredients, cover and simmer. Meanwhile, boil some rice with a pinch of saffron following the intructions on the rice packet.  Remove the lid after about 10 mins to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.  Once it is to your liking ( I like a really thick gooey sauce but I know some like theres a little runnier.  This is personal taste when you are eating a made up curry, so as long as the chicken is cooked through it is not a huge issue.  Drain the rice and pour over a kettle of boiled water to wash any starch away.  Serve on a plate.  Eat with a knife and fork.

Oh and I found this website. http://www.43things.com/   I am not sure if this counts as an excellent thing but basically it is a goal setting website.  So you set yourself a load of goals which could be a short term goal (lose a lb, get a hair cut, eat a biscuit) or long term goals (find a career/job, write a novel, eat a packet of biscuits), they can be sensible or silly or just plain wierd, and then you report back on how you did.  You can fill in a treport on how you managed to complete your goal, and comment on other peoples goals.  Going to have a think about this and maybe try using it.

So 6 (maybe 7!) excellent things happened yesterday. And today is another new day.  Another friend is coming to visit, husband is away on a stag weekend (hence the curry) and the only plans I have are Daughter's dance lessons.  Oh, I might make Son practice his karate.  Other than that it is wait and see what the day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment