Friday 14 October 2011

Weight Loss!!

Having sprained my ankle and therefore been very very lazy, been forced to rest and recuperate, I was not expecting a loss this week.  Combined with my sneaky peek, and my pizza munching I was not expecting much, perhaps even a gain.  I was presently surprised when I stepped on thescales and found I had lost a full 0.5lb.  I know its not much, and I know I could have done better, but I felt that this was a fair representation of my week.  No exercise, a little indulgence and a lot of boredom.  I treated myself on the way home to sausage and chips, as by this time it was 8 O'Clock, I was starving hungry, tired and felt I deserved it.

What my breakfast used to be like - 4 Points HaHaHa
Today I am back on it.  I had cereal for breakfast, and feeling that portions are an issue I decided to weigh it.  Wow! 30g of cereal is not a lot.  I have been cheerfully pouring a bowlful, writing 30g of cereal down, and feeling smug that my breakfast was only 4points.  Does anone else do this?  I think I am going to try weighing lots of things this week to see how much I am under- or over- pointing.  I was surprised by grated cheese yesterday.  A portion is 40g in the WW bible of food portioning, and in slices this does not look like much.  But I grated it onto the scales and, when grated, it starts to look like a lot.  So much I decided to only have half the amount. That is a trick I will try again!

Fridays are good days in my world.  This morning (in about 10 minutes, once I have posted this) I am going to Zumba.  My ankle is feeling much better and I have strapped it up.  I may have to modify the moves a bit if it does hurt, but I think I will be OK.

I wish my Zumba Class was like this one!
Then this afternoon I am waiting in for a man to come round! (No - not what you think)  We had a load of work done on our house last year, and two of the new doors need work doing.  He will be here in 'the afternoon.'  So I am waiting in.  And this evening is Beavers.  And today we are out walking.  I will have done a good amout of execise today!


Having only lost a small amount this week I have become hugely aware of how big a factor 'move more' is in the weight loss equation:

Eat Less + Move More = Smaller Bum

Move More is  huge part of this equation.  So this week as well as filling in my trusty small green tracker thing, I am going to start tracking my exercise.  I am going to try and move more every day, even if it is just for 10 minutes.  And I will write it all down, and see what happens on the scales next week.

Have a great week everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment